Friday 22 March 2013

{Vanessa Van Huynh} Skinfood Lime Secret Shine Base review



Hello my lovely readers, 
Today, I will review one of my favourite highlighter/ illuminator or base/primer , whatever usage you could think of for it. Although in my opinion, it's more of a highlighter than a base. 

If you are a fan of Benefit High beam, you absolutely gonna love this one since I do, too. Wanna know why? Keep reading to find out :3

Information:

Skinfood is a famous Korean cosmetics brand which embraces the image of healthy/natural ingredients. Their products always have cutesy yet freshly-looked packaging. Sometimes I just want to buy their goodies for the packaging only. 
Skinfood Lime Secret Shine Base: claimes to leave the skin naturally luminous which helps you achieve the glowy/dewy skin like Korean actresses.
The product comes in 3 shades : 
No 65: is a white pearly base. Suitable for fair skin tones. 
No 75: is a bronzy base. Suitable for tanned/ darker skin tones.
No 85: is a pinkish base. Suitable for pale skin tones. Personally, I think it's suitable for almost all skin type. I found no 65 is too white and no 75 is too dark for me.
Image
Yep, I'm gonna review the no 85 : pinkish shine base.
It reminds me a lot about the Benefit High Beam. The texture is almost identical, although High Beam is a little bit pinker, while Skinfood shine base is more on the beige side. 
Image
Image
Image
The base comes in a glass jar which is quite heavy and not travel - friendly, but you got a lot of product (30ml) for £10. This is quite a great bargain. Remember the Benefit High Beam costs you £18 for only 13ml. You can "scoop out" the product by a provided spatula. I'm not keen on the spatula so much because sometimes you might accidentally take out too much product. 
The open hole on the jar is quite big so you should be very careful or else you might spill the whole jar (we don't want that to happen >w<)

Swatch:

The product feel liquidy and won't clog your pores or turn your face into a frying pan. It has a silky pearly texture with really small shimmer and create a pinky finish. 

Image
ImageImage
Swatch on my hand under natural light.


How to use: 


There are two ways you could use this shine base.
  1. Mix with your bb cream or foundation with the ratio 1:3 (personally, I like my skin to be more luminous so I usually use a little bit more of the product, about 1:1). But if you apply this way, it might make your bb cream/foundation have less coverage. I don't find it a big problem since I prefer light coverage bb cream. 
  2. Apply the product directly on to desired part of your face that you want to achieve dewy shine. This should be the hight point of your cheek bone, forehead, nose bridge, cupid bow and chin. If you choose to apply this way, you should only use a tiny amount of product to avoid a shiny shimmering pinkish face. Believe me, that doesn't look pretty at all. And we want a natural shine just like your skin is glowing. 
The product lasts all day and you can easily see the effect both indoor and outdoor. 
Have you ever try any bb cream enhancer or highlighter that you want to share with me? :)
Comment below to let me know if you would like to give this product a try. 

Good luck! XOXOXO

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay !!! I love that they have a variety of colors and very low prices. I have always been a big fan of Skinfood’s makeup offerings but I haven't tried this kind of base yet. Actually, all the products I've tried are kinds of suiting oily skin better than dry, somehow you attracted my attention to this Lime Secret Shine Base, as having look at the photos its consistency is less shiny than I thought,I prefer your no 1 usage, well, I meant I gonna go to get a tester. LOL. Thank you so much for this <3
    P/S: By the way, Can I request your review from MUA lipsticks :P? I really love that line but still confusing :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading my blog. I would love to do a review on MUA Lipstick in the near future. Stay tuned! :x

      Delete
  3. where is the other review? keep writing sis

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best ever post for enhancing our beauty and i became regular reader of your blog. Keep useful posting like this. Also try these websites buy nail hardener online | parlor service at home in hyderabad

    ReplyDelete
  5. it up all over the web without my authorization. Do
    hair growth oil Peshawar

    ReplyDelete